Saturday, April 13, 2013

Homemade Fruit Roll-ups

Hi all! Does anyone else eat fruit roll-ups as much as their kids do? I LOVE fruit roll ups,  and since I have a passion for a good old DIY I decided to try my own.


1.   Take some applesauce (you can actually use any combo of pureed or individual fruits. I used applesauce that I had canned in October.)

2.   Put it on a dehydrator tray or parchment paper to fit a dehydrator or a sheet of parchment paper. At any rate, whatever you're using be sure to grease it up a bit to prevent sticking.

3.   Dry in the dehydrator or oven set at 135 degrees or the lowest setting you can on the oven if it doesn't go lower than 135. Try to keep the oven cracked to prevent overheating. Dry for 6-8 hours or until only slightly tacky.

4.   Allow to cool for about an hour. Cut it into slices or shapes.  Roll in waxed paper if desired.  I store mine in a ziploc bag.

5.   Enjoy!

I LOVED ours. Plus, they were a big hit with the little guy.  This is a yummy, easy, guilt free treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment